Why do you think you’re not more abundant? Why are you not making the money you want?
I used to wonder and worry about this too, to be honest, a lot. A whole lot. I knew I had a gift, and knew my stuff, in fact, I even trusted my expertise. And people with less knowledge and expertise were doing it. Why wasn’t I?
And then I had my breakthrough moment.
I got it. You can’t make more money – or attract wealth and abundance into your life – if you have this one belief:
“You don’t deserve it”.
Yep, you don’t make more money because somewhere you don’t believe you deserve it.
You may be convinced you do. You may be protesting right now; “That’s not true, I think I deserve it!” Notice the word think here, you think you have. But thinking is an intellectual process, which is not the level at which beliefs get resolved. But until you have separated your true self from your false beliefs, your fear, and reprogrammed your subconscious mind, you will fail at some level.
This “I don’t deserve it”, or “I’m not worthy of it” or “I’m not good enough” presupposition is the foundation of your limiting beliefs that keep you tied to your financial situation. Here are some disguises of this self-limiting belief that is blocking you from realizing your financial dreams right now:
- You tell yourself you’re “fine” with your finances.
- You don’t think it’s possible given your situation.
- You think money is evil, or bad or non-spiritual.
- You think money will turn you into someone you don’t want to be. Or it will somehow change you.
- You believe you’ll lose friends, who may buy into any of the previous beliefs. (And I have – I had to feel the loss yes, and ask myself how good a friend could they really have been?)
- You feel guilty about wanting money and abundance.
- You’re stuck in playing the blame game. It’s so and so’s fault.
- You’re scared because what if you are successful and make money, and you’re still unhappy.
- You think maybe you’re just a dissatisfied kind of person.
- You think you’re not resourceful enough, you’re just not good at it.
- Or you don’t know how to make more money but you won’t get expert support and guidance.
- You think you should be able to do it on your own.
I have excellent news, though.
These self-limiting beliefs come from your ego, your fear, your programming. Not the core of you, the truth of you. And our power always lies in the truth. And it’s true, the truth will set us free…
My breakthrough was a decision.
I decided I was worth it, just that, simple, but not easy. I decided. I realized that no fairy Godmother was ever going to come and wave her magic wand and I’d know I was worthy. No benevolent soul was ever going to believe in me enough for me to believe I was worthy, or enough or lovable. Only I could do that. It was my job and my responsibility. That meant deciding I was worth the abundance I visualized, and that I am capable of creating it while staying true to my core values which for me are non-negotiable.
This meant stepping out of my comfort zone.
A lot. Taking fearless action, being willing to listen to my heart, not my head.
I’ve had to take chances and risk failure and learn to deal with success.
At times I’ve been terrified, wanted to quit, felt all alone, but it’s been so worthwhile.
To embrace freedom and fully accept responsibility for the life I’m creating. To honour my souls two greatest callings – for growth and contribution. To embrace freedom and say yes to me, to life. To contribute to women reaching their freedom and success, joy and fulfilment. To partner with them in going from feeling trapped to being free.
This is my passion, and my purpose, this gives my life meaning.
“It is not what we get. But who we become, what we contribute … that gives meaning to our lives.” – Tony Robbins.